- SAP BW
- SAP Business Suite (i.e. SAP ECC, SAP CRM, SCM etc.) and SAP S/4HANA On-Premise edition
- Load SAP BW metadata into Alteryx Connect
- Explore SAP BW metadata in Alteryx Connect
1. Load SAP BW metadata into Alteryx Connect
Step 1 - Select the SAP Logon Tool
- Drag the SAP Logon Tool for the SAP Connector for Alteryx Connect onto the Alteryx Workflow canvas.
Step 2 - Configure the SAP Logon Tool
- Click on the Parameters tab of the SAP Logon Tool
- Click Add in the System Selection grid
- Select the Alteryx Connect system from the drop down list
- Repeat the step to select the SAP system you want to extract metadata from
- Enter your User Name and Password for each selected system
- Click Ping Servers to verify that connectivity to the systems has been established.
Step 3 - Select the SAP BW Connect Tool
- Drag the SAP BW Connect Tool onto the Alteryx Workflow canvas.
- Connect the SAP BW Connect Tool to the SAP Logon Tool.
Step 4 - Configure the SAP BW Connect Tool
- Select the Alteryx Connect server from the Server Name drop-down list.
Step 5 - Add Browse Tools to the SAP BW Connect Tool (Optional)
- To see details of the metadata extracted from SAP BW and loaded into Alteryx Connect, add a Browse Tool to each of the SAP BW Connect Tool out ports.
Step 6 - Execute the extract and load into Alteryx Connect
- To execute the extract and load of SAP BW metadata into Alteryx Connect, click the Alteryx Run Workflow button
Step 7 - Review the extract output (Optional)
2. Explore SAP BW metadata in Alteryx Connect
Step 1 - Logon to Alteryx Connect
Step 2 - Review Data Sources
- Select Data Sources from the Alteryx Connect Homepage.
Step 3 - Select SAP Systems
- Select SAP Systems from the Data Sources page.
Step 4 - Select SAP BW System
- Select the SAP BW system that was previously loaded into Alteryx Connect with metadata
Step 5 - Review SAP System details
- The technical SAP system details are displayed including the SAP Server, SAP Client etc.
- SAP BW InfoProvider data is displayed.
- SAP BW Query data is displayed.
- SAP BW View data is displayed.
- SAP BW InfoObject data is displayed.
Step 6 - Search for a SAP BW Query
- Click on the Magnifying Glass to activate the search function.
- Enter the search criteria.
- Click, OK to execute the search.
- Click on the desired SAP BW Query to select it.
Step 7 - Review the selected SAP BW Query
- Details of the selected SAP BW Query are displayed including Associated Objects (in this example the SAP BW InfoProvider that the SAP BW Query is based on).
- Query Details are displayed including Y-Axis, X-Axis...
- ... and Free Characteristics
Step 8 - Select a SAP BW Query InfoObject
- In this example, we will drill into the X-Axis InfoObject
Step 9 - Review details of the selected InfoObject
Step 10 - Explore a Relationship
- Select a Relationship