The connector allows Alteryx users to include SAP data in their data blending activities without the need for additional hardware and infrastructure.
By using the Alteryx Connector for SAP, the user only needs to build the model for data extraction from SAP once. With the Connector this model is retained and can automatically refresh overnight using the Alteryx Server to produce updated data from SAP for whenever it is required. User effort is reduced to 1 hour maximum and the risk of human error is mitigated as the initial model can be validated at the outset.
With the Alteryx Connector for SAP, user effort can be reduced from an ongoing one business day per extract to one hour.
The connector has the following key features:
- Extract data from SAP Tables & Views
- Extract data from SAP BW Queries & Views
- Extract data from SAP BW InfoProviders (including MultiProviders, InfoSets, InfoCubes, DataStore Objects & InfoObjects)
- Extract data from SAP Hierarchies
- Data access controlled by standard SAP Authorizations
- Runs on all versions of SAP BW and SAP Business Suite including SAP BW on HANA and SAP Business Suite on HANA
- Small foot-print. Requires no additional hardware or infrastructure to run.
- Simple installation. Be up and running from day 1!