In this blog, we’ll consider the use of Alteryx to accelerate the migration of data from one enterprise application software product to another. Specifically, we’ll look at the migration of data from one Customer Relationship Management (CRM) solution to another.
- Migration from SAP CRM to SAP Cloud for Customer
- Migration from SAP CRM to Salesforce
- Migration from Salesforce to SAP Cloud for Customer
- Migration from SAP Cloud for Customer to Salesforce
Alteryx and the DVW Alteryx Connectors for SAP can help you deliver these migration scenarios:
- Without programming
- Without the need for numerous, massively complex Excel spreadsheets
- More cost effectively than “traditional” migration methods
Additionally the combination of tools will allow you to:
- Prepare data from multiple sources
- Enrich the date prior to loading in the target system
- Automate the migration
- Enable automated reconciliation of the data migration and minimise the number of manual spot checks
- Build once and repeat the process across multiple environment e.g. Development, Test, Production.
Let’s consider the migration of data from SAP CRM to SAP Cloud for Customer.
- Use the DVW SAP Table Tool to extract data from SAP CRM tables into Alteryx.
- Use the DVW SAP BW Query Tool and SAP BW InfoProviders Tool to extract CRM-relevant data from SAP BW into Alteryx.
- Use the Alteryx Input Data Tool and numerous other Alteryx tools to load data from other sources such as Excel into Alteryx.
Prep & Blend
- Analyse and cleanse the data extracted from SAP CRM, SAP BW and other sources using Alteryx tools such as the Join Tool, the Union Tool, Data Cleansing Tool and Filter Tool.
- Prepare the data for upload into SAP Cloud for Customer using the Alteryx Formula Tool, Select Tool and other tools.
- Enrich the data with data from other sources such as D&B, Experian, Salesforce even.
- Use the DVW SAP Cloud for Customer Tool to load data directly into SAP Cloud for Customer in the required format.
- Reconcile the migrated data using the DVW SAP Table Tool, DVW SAP BW Query Tool, DVW SAP BW InfoProvider Tools and the DVW SAP Cloud for Customer Tool.